Job Location: United Kingdom – Home or London Based
Salary: £35-40k basic (£70k OTE) Uncapped
SaaS / B2B / Apprenticeship / FE / HE
MWS Technology specialises in servicing the vocational training and welfare to work sectors. Of primary focus is apprenticeship training. With annual funding of almost £3bn apprenticeship training is a fast-developing sector and their technology has several unique characteristics that provide a competitive edge.
As a result of continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our expanding sales team. This is a home or London office based position that will involve frequent travel throughout the UK, meeting with prospective clients presenting and demonstrating their e-learning product.
You will be allocated several hundred target customers and you will be responsible for generating new business sales, both from leads and direct approaches that you make.
As you will be required to travel to a variety of locations for meetings a full driving licence and access to a vehicle suitable for work purposes is essential.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Be accountable for winning new business with agreed targets.
- Take responsibility for converting inbound leads (generated by the telesales team) to new customers.
- Research and proactively identify opportunities and leads.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of the sales process, make presentations and conduct client meetings both face to face & online via webinars, plus telephone sales and all follow-ups.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Work on your own initiative and interact effectively with the team remotely.
- The ability to identify the client need(s) these can be complex in many organisations and you must have the ability to refine and tailor the sales to that need.
- The ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- The ability to identify the key decision makers within an organisation.
- Delivery of excellent sales presentations.
The ideal BDM will have the following skills and qualities:
- Be an experienced Business Development Manager – with extensive relationship selling. (ideally in b2b with SaaS / e-learning a distinct advantage).
- Ideally have experience of selling within the education/training markets, especially software.
- Demonstrable success in the achievement of targets.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with experience of communicating at a senior level (e.g. senior management team/Board/Decision Maker level).
- Enjoy developing relationships with customers and have strong rapport-building skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (with experience of delivering online presentations) and a warm and personable manner.
- Be confident, self-motivated, resilient, tenacious and thorough with good planning and organisation skills and acute attention to detail.
- Comfortable with working from home, yet willing and able to travel.
- Experience using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Have good IT skills with the ability to keep both timely and accurate records.
Salary & benefits:
- Basic salary of £35,000 – £40,000.
- Uncapped commission structure with a realistic OTE of £70,000.
- Computer and mobile phone.
- Fully reimbursed expenses.
To apply or find out more email: