The apprenticeship levy is a huge opportunity, but it comes amidst a growing volume of apprenticeship reforms, a more challenging commercial environment and added compliance burdens.
- The levy provides significant extra funding; yet it has tilted the sector towards large employers – which means high expectations.
Sophisticated employers expect providers to use the latest technology with performance reporting, data security, and complex management, progress tracking and auditing features. Aptem delivers a secure, enterprise level, platform that puts these powerful features in reach.
- Compliance has become more onerous, penalties harsher, and withdrawal of funding a very real risk alongside strict General Data Protection Regulations.
Delivering world-class learning that complies with the wide range of funding and Ofsted rules is a challenge, especially with multiple, incompatible systems. Aptem’s GDPR-compliant platform tracks and reports on all aspects of delivery, including 20% off-the-job training, making compliance simple.
- The move from Frameworks to Standards means providers need high quality teaching materials and expertise in both training and assessment.
With its unique combined learning plans and ePortfolio, Aptem enables effective learning journeys while smoothly capturing delivery and personal progression evidence. Online learning accessible from anywhere reduces costs, and lets tutors focus their time for maximum impact.
- Tracking and evidencing 20% off-the-job training can be a burden.
Aptem automatically tracks off-the-job training and prompts learners and tutors to input additional learning time. With integrated webinars and workshop management, it makes it easy to deliver productive off-the-job training and capture learning time.
- Either through the levy or their 10% contribution, employers are paying for the training their staff receive, driving their expectations even higher.
Aptem enables employers to see their employees’ progress, with comprehensive reporting and a flexible employer portal they can access whenever needed.
- The larger a provider gets the harder it can be to spot issues, and to take the right corrective action.
While other systems might be able to pinpoint problems after they happen, Aptem’s predictive analytics can identify problems before they cause any damage, and help providers understand what to do about them.
- Graduates eligible for funding and higher-level apprenticeships are opportunities.
Aptem maximises the impact of learning and uses multimedia, organisational and delivery tools to make the learning experience as fulfilling and time-effective as possible.
- Training providers must ensure operational efficiency to deliver complex 1+ year programmes with audit friendly records and consistent quality.
Aptem lets providers create a target delivery model and follow it. Progress is easily measured against plans and potential problems are flagged for immediate action.
We chose to work with Aptem, after looking at several alternatives, as the entire learning journey (from sign up through to EPA) is embedded into the platform. This saved us money as we could consolidate a number of existing systems in one. Additionally, the investment required demonstrated exceptional value for money and the level of customer service is refreshingly ‘on it’.